Saturday, April 11, 2009

Green Chile Quiche Recipe

 
It's not Irish but it is a favorite. I re-discovered the recipe while cleaning out kitchen cupboards today. I'm posting it, not only to share it, but to save it for myself. This makes a great appetizer and is very easy to make. [I've had a couple of cans of chopped green chiles on hand just so I can make this recipe; one is 4.5 ounces and the other 7 ounces - just about right.]

INGREDIENTS:
3 4-oz. cans roasted, peeled green chiles (don't use jalapenos)
1 pound (16 ounces) mild cheddar cheese, grated
3 Tablespoons milk or cream
1 Tablespoon chile juice
1 Egg

DIRECTIONS:
Remove seeds from chiles and save juice.
Line a 9-inch pan with chilies.
Top with Cheese.

Mix milk or cream, chile juice, and egg. Pour over top of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 - 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cut in squares. Unusual and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment